So… I thought I should write a little something to say ‘hi’ to our fabulous Serafin customers. My name is Amanda, I have been living out my jewellery dreams at Serafin Jewellery for 1.5 years as Project Manager, which means I wear many hats. Thankfully, I love hats!
Rather than boring you with paragraphs on who I am and how I came to be working with such a beautiful jewellery brand…. I thought I should give you MY OWN version of Vogue’s 73 questions, but I’ll cap it at 50, because let’s keep it real…. I’m not that interesting.
So here we go…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Apparently, I was named after a character on Days of Our Lives. Classy, but I guess it could have been worse.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Probably while watching dog videos, which is a LOT. Dogs are so funny, clever and loyal.
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH?
Japanese Food. Particularly… Miso Eggplant – Nasu Dengaku.
4. FAVOURITE COLOUR?
5. WHAT IS YOUR COFFEE ORDER?
Decaf oat milk latte.
6. INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER?
Instagram. I use Twitter for real news & Instagram for fake news, which is generally more enjoyable than the real news these days.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRENDS WITH YOU? AND WHY?
Of course! Because I’m interesting and funny… sometimes…. Oh and because I’m loyal and supportive AND I’m one of the best Google Doctors around, I’m always good for a quick medical diagnosis and we all need that!
8. DO YOU BAKE?
No way. I would probably burn down the kitchen. That’s if I could figure out how to turn the oven on.
9. NAME ONE THING YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
Probably my phone… sad but true!
10. WHO DO YOU MISS?
11. HOW CAN I TELL WHEN YOU’RE HAVING A BAD DAY?
Apparently I sigh a lot.
12. HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE SOCIAL MEDIA?
Ummmmm hourly? Except when I’m asleep. Is that bad?
13. WHAT DO YOU DO TO DESTRESS?
Watch makeup tutorials on YouTube.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Probably their eyes… and their style.
15. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
16. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOUR?
17. FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Coconut and salt water.
18. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Neither. I would rather movies leave me with a question… rather than an answer, but I also love watching a good horror film with the protection of a cushion in front of my face for the scary bits.
19. WHAT’S THE FURTHEST YOU’VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME?
I’m not that great with maps, but probably Israel.
20. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Mona Vale, Australia
21. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
Yes, a British Shorthair cat named, Polly. She’s the best.
22. IF YOU HAD A TATTOO WHERE WOULD IT BE?
See… I have a real problem with this one because this is the exact reason I don’t have a tattoo… I can’t make up my mind! At this moment, it would be at the back of my neck just below my hairline, but maybe on my wrist… or my forearm. See, I have a problem!
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG RIGHT NOW?
Gosh, there are so many, but probably Only Child, by Tierra Whack
24. WHAT COLOUR DRESS DID YOU WEAR TO PROM?
25. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OF ALL TIME?
I can’t pick one… To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and I Know Why A Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
26. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CHOICE OF BREAKFAST?
Avocado Toast with snow pea sprouts and radish.
27. DO YOU PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
No, but I can hear a wrong note from a block away.
28. NAME THREE THINGS THAT YOU LOVE.
Family, Music & Fashion.
29. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS?
30. FAVOURITE QUOTE.
Let Love Rule – Lenny Kravitz.
31. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE.
My boss lady… Juanita. Asking me to write this blog.
32. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house… every time.
33. FAVOURITE FOOD?
34. FAVOURITE RESTAURANT IN SYDNEY?
35. FAVOURITE MUSIC GENRE?
I don’t really like the whole ‘genre’ thing of putting music into a boxed category, but if I had to, I would say Hip Hop/R’n’B, but more on the indie side, rather than mainstream.
36. FAVOURITE TV SERIES THAT’S ON NOW?
The Dirt on Netflix.
37. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
38. DO YOU HAVE A HIDDEN TALENT?
Creating epic playlists.
39. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE CLOTHING DESIGNER?
Anthony Vaccarello – Saint Laurent.
40. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Los Angeles, USA and Tel Aviv, Israel.
41. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Ventura – Anderson .Paak.
42. GIRL CRUSH?
43. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE COUNTRY TO VISIT?
44. NECKLACE, EARRINGS, BRACELET OR RINGS?
All of them, but if I really had to choose one, rings. I feel naked without rings.
45. DESCRIBE YOUR FASHION SENSE.
Bad & boujee.
46. WHAT JOB WOULD YOU BE TERRIBLE AT?
A snake wrangler. I’m terrified!
47. WHAT’S YOUR MUST HAVE BEAUTY PRODUCT?
48. NAME ONE OF YOUR SKILLS?
I am the queen of multi-tasking!
49. WHEN DID YOUR LOVE AFFAIR WITH JEWELLERY BEGIN?
I’ve been obsessed with jewellery for as long as I can remember. One of my first jobs was selling high end designer jewellery in a department store here in Sydney. I then produced a jewellery range for surf stores in Australia and designed and handmade semi-precious stone bracelets for Australian Fashion Designer, Lisa Ho.
50. HOW HARD WAS IT TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Much easier than writing boring paragraphs about myself!