I have been creating and designing since I was a child and feel that it was all the prelude to Serafin Jewellery. My artistic needs have found their perfect medium, an extension of who I am and who I've been - fashion designer, current affairs producer, artist. I love the process of connecting to my core, imbuing each creation with passion. And I hope that the joy we get from making each piece is shared by everyone who wears it. I also wanted to produce jewellery with a conscience - and we're committed to ethically sourced, conflict free, sustainable jewellery. What's serendipitous about our beginnings is that I found this new creative medium through my eldest son Gabriel. He was drawn to jewellery after an accident caused him to rethink his path. So Serafin began just a year and a half ago out of my desire to work creatively and importantly, with Gabriel. And now it's become a family affair - myself, Gabriel and Amanda my niece. In 2018 we had three highly skilled artisanal jewellers join us, who have become part of our growing family, and who are all a perfect fit with Serafin - full of joy, kindness and love - for others and what they do. We live, work and play on Sydney's Northern Beaches - our little piece of Heaven, and pinch ourselves every day that we work here doing something we love, with people we love.
Here are 23 Questions so that we can get to know our Designer a little better…
- NAME ONE THING YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
- WHAT DO YOU DO TO DE-STRESS?
Drink red wine & meditate.
- WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Lemongrass, Cade, The ocean, Lagerfeld mens cologne (I used to give this to my brother and it reminds me of him), Garlic & Olives.
- NAME THREE THINGS THAT YOU LOVE?
- My family.
- My family.
- My family.
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CLOTHING DESIGNER?
It used to be Comme Des Garcon, but now it’s Prada.
- DESCRIBE YOUR FASHION SENSE?
Minimal. Always barefoot. Mostly black and high end materials & natural fibres.
- WHAT’S THE FIRST THING THAT YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
I look for their heart first to see if they’re a good person, through everything that they do.
- WHAT COUNTRY WOULD YOU LIKE TO VISIT NEXT?
- WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
All the time! I cry with love, joy, passion and sorrow.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
I have and always will! I have three beautiful dogs at the moment & I have been trying to get a pig. I LOVE all animals… except for cockroaches & rats.
- WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Camperdown, Sydney, Australia.
- NAME YOUR TOP THREE MUSIC ARTISTS.
- Billie Eilish (currently).
- Barbra Streisand.
- Claudio Baglioni.
- WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE MUSIC STYLES?
Everything from Opera to Hip Hop. Except Bluegrass… not into Bluegrass.
- DO YOU PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
Piano and Bandura (not that great on the Bandura).
- HOW MANY LANGUAGES DO YOU SPEAK?
English, French & Spanish.
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE RESTAURANT IN SYDNEY?
Mr. Wong – it’s everything!
- WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE ARTISTS?
- Pablo Picasso.
- Henri Matisse.
- Dale Frank.
- DO YOU COOK? AND IF SO, WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO COOK?
I didn’t for a long time, but I do now! Chicken Cacciatore.
- WHO DO YOU MISS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE FILMS?
- A Star Is Born – first and latest version.
- Funny Girl.
- WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE ACTORS?
- Dame Judy Dench.
- Maggie Smith.
- Tom Hardy.
- Emma Thompson.
- Saoirse Ronan.
- Meryl Streep.
- Charlize Theron.
- Daniel Craig.
- DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE QUOTE?
Be kind to one another – Ellen DeGeneres.
- WHAT’S THE BEST THING THAT YOU’VE LEARNT AT THIS STAGE OF YOUR LIFE?
That the only thing in life worth living for is love, both giving and receiving.